- I’m bored.
- I’m anxious.
- I’m avoiding dealing with an issue.
- I’m thirsty.
- I’m used to eating at that time.
- I’m addicted to sugar.
- I’m afflicted to routines that don’t serve me.
- I’m addicted to the act of chewing.
Notice how none of these things include being hungry?
I wish the fat would melt away and the pain would go away and the habits would correct themselves but I know better cuz I’m carrying the fat of it all. 🤦🏾♀️
Some things. They don’t require a professional to tell you or show you. Some things require you to be honest about how you’re showing up in the world, and to do a thing differently.
So this is my way of showing up honestly for myself.
- To acknowledge when I am feeling these things rather than hungry.
- To drink more water.
- To deal with the tough stuff honestly.
- To give myself a little more grace—but to not use grace as a license to slack off.